2.28.2009

Chicago, shows and events

Hello my friends, Tom Harris here with some news from the south.

First of all, let me say I'm thrilled that you guys are keeping the club going strong and I'll do everything I can to be at your opening.

Secondly, I'm in Chicago now, on the north side and if anyone needs a friend to shoot with down here, someone to go to an opening or exhibition, or a place to stay, you know how to get ahold of me.

Third, I've got a little bit of information on gallery openings down here in Chicago that you might be interested in.

The Art Institute is opening its new Modern Wing on the 16th of May.  It is a beautiful piece of Architecture, designed by Renzo Piano and although it probably lands on finals week, it would be a fun thing to check out...

There is a show right now at MoCP that I've not been able to check out yet, but it is called PhotoDimensional, it features the relationship of photography and 3 dimensional sculpture. Vik Muniz has a piece there, I've always been a fan of his stuff. This show is up until the 19th of October.

The next show at MoCP, which opens May 1st, involves urban planning and its relationship to the static quality of buildings and their unability to change with the ever changing environment of a city.  This one is really interesting to me and I'm definitly going to be at the opening, and would love to have anyone interested join me!  It is called The Edge of Intent.

Photographically I'm working on 2 different projects myself right now and just got a photograph published in a magazine, I'm pretty happy with it.  I don't have any exhibitions coming up right now but I'll let you guys know if I do in the future!

I hope to show up at one of your meetings sometime, just to listen and get nostalgic.  I hope you're all looking foreward to warmer weather and easier shooting conditions soon.

Best!

-Tom

3 comments:

StareDownMeg said...

Hey Tom - good to hear from you - thanks for the info on the shows down there, I'd really like to get down to check out the MOCP photo/3d show before it closes.

Anyone else interested in going??

Would be great to see you at the opening! I'll let you know if I hit the Chi any time soon - where are you living down there?

bwrieth said...

how do i post here? D=

StareDownMeg said...

Like on the actual blogspot - I think you need to have cory add you on the list.... im confused on this whole situation because im not an admin on here