2.16.2008

Gallery Night & Day April 18th & 19th

I am so excited to announce that the Focus organization will be showing on Gallery Night. The gallery that we will be showing at is C.R. Davidson art. The gallery is located at:

207 E. Buffalo St.
Suite 210
Milwaukee WI, 53202

She is very excited to show our work. She asked me for the members that are participating in this show to give her some images to look at; a small portfolio. So she has some kind of an idea of what to expect in her gallery. My thought was to put together a slideshow of all the images with your name, approximate dimensions, and wether it would be a digital, gelatin silver print, etc. This way all you would need is to either scan some photos or give a jpeg file, instead of 30 portfolios handed to her. If anyone has another thought in making this easier let me know.

I still have to meet with her and talk the business side of things, but we will be in the listing on the website and printed in the booklet for gallery night. If you don't know the website for gallery night click here.

After I meet up with her I will have more details and possible questions from her that will need answering. I will keep you up to date on the details.

3 comments:

StareDownMeg said...

so have we officially decided that we are just going to do a "best of the best" type of selection for the gallery? like each person select their favorite piece(s)? can we get a somewhat approximate size? (say we all go 11 x 17, and have 4 prints each) obviously - thats an approximation - but some sort of guideline as to how much each can have.
i.e if there are 15 people, each can have 3 prints of such a size. or SOMETHING along those lines.

im pumped for this - does anyone have any ideas on what they might want to show?

Thomas said...

We will head down to look at the gallery and figure out what is appropriate. We will do something like that though Meg, every member will have work in the show.

amandad9 said...

First, we have to determine who is all going to be in the show. If everyone doesn't participate in the show then there will be more room than one photograph per person. But for now I think it would be safe to say one photograph per person.

I will talk to Catherine again and ask her what she would like to see specifically from everyone. I don't know if she wants to pick a photo from your best selection or if we as a group will do the selecting. All things that I am still working out.

If everyone could go through their work and pick out a small series or a couple of photographs that they think would be good to put in the show, than as a group we will have a better look on what to expect in the show and from each other.

Also then we can choose a photo for the front of the show postcards. I have been looking at some places to print them, and if we can find the money we can get those made up also.

Have you been to the gallery? Maybe I can get some pictures when I visit the gallery this week, and post them so everyone can view the space.

I'm sorry that doesn't answer your question directly but it's the best I can do for now.